- that little voice in the back of my head saying “you can’t reach financial success”
- impulse buys
- saying yes to dinner out during the week because i’m lonely/bored/etc.
after a lot (and seriously, i mean a lot because my last real post was in july) of planning here is my game plan:
- that little voice, squash it
- carry a journal everywhere (how cute are mine pictured above from rifle paper). write down every purchase and create a log. include “how did it make me feel” feedback. writing down purchases holds me accountable and helps curb impulse buys
- review expenses weekly (sunday) and cut out things that do not ignite my soul. this will also help end FOMO
- before agreeing on something reflect and ask myself: “do i even want to do this?”
- on sunday (let’s just dub this reflection day) create weekly goals. include food, workout and game plan for the week
will regroup next week to let you know how week 1 goes. wish me luck!
ps: i haven’t written on her since july because i’m partially ashamed that i’m not debt free yet. i have recently had an epiphany: a life with debt is not one to be embarrassed about. it’s a day to day journey and one day (soon) my net worth will be a positive number rather than a negative one.